Lakeside Water Treatment provides systems for the small K-12 school systems up to the large university campuses through–out the USA. Common water problems range from high calcium scaling, iron (red staining), corrosion pH control, free chlorine residual, taste and odors and high TDS (total dissolved solids) in the supply water.
Primary water treatment problems:
- Scaled water heaters- less hot water and increased fuel consumption
- Boilers - Calcium deposits (scale) effects boiler efficiency, performance and durability. Poor water quality increases fuel and chemical costs, which leads to expensive repairs, down time and high labor expenses. Scale can also lead to hot spots and could cause a tube rupture – an issue that is expensive and potentially, extremely dangerous. 1/8” of scale reduces efficiency by 18%!
- Water containing dissolved oxygen or carbon dioxide gases in the presence of metal can cause corrosion. Corrosion attacks the metal effecting the durability of the boiler.
- Large chilled water plants – scaling causes increased fuel consumption and expensive labor costs
- Vast underground steam plants – increased chemical costs & increased blow downs.
Secondary water treatment problems:
- Laundries – reduced service of life of linens / increased detergent costs
- Class rooms and research laboratories – poor water quality for experiments
- Ice machines – cloudy ice and expensive repairs
- Food service – spotty dishes, expensive dishwasher repairs
- Entire facility – Scale build-up, taste odor, sediment, staining, etc.
Water treatment equipment reduce operating costs, decrease chemicals, soaps and detergents, while extending equipment life span. Ion exchange, filtration and membrane technology are typically the foundation of a high quality water system.
Lakeside Industrial Water Treatment Systems
Water Softeners * Reverse Osmosis * Filtration * Dealkalization * Deionizers
- Minimize maintenance expenses
- Reduce utility costs
- Improve water quality and energy management
- Increase operational efficiency
- Extend capital equipment life span ( boilers, Chillers and Cooling Towers)
- Eliminate specialty chemicals
- Eliminate scale build-up in boilers, water heaters, cooling towers and piping.